Sunday 22 January 2012

The beginning...


Hello world!

I'm just a regular girl. I'm 26 and I live in beautiful Sydney, Australia. I work in financial services as a marketing manager. I love cooking, running, travel and wine. I'm a technology addict and my iPhone and Kindle come with me everywhere I go.

I'm engaged to a wonderful man who is a serving member of the Australian Defence Force. My fiance has been in the military for six years. If you ask him, he'll tell you he's just a Regular Guy. I think he's a bit of a hero, and he's the inspiration for this blog.



Actual patch Mr RG wears on his pack. He's a joker...

When I started dating my Regular Guy (hereafter known as "Mr RG", just for your reference) I didn't know any other women my age who had partners in the ADF. I did know a few people in the Navy, and all I really knew was that they went away. A lot.

So... I googled. Call me selfish, but I wanted to know what my life would be like if Mr RG stayed in it - because I was starting to think he was pretty awesome.

I didn't find much. I did find some blogs and forums for partners of military personnel, but there weren't any partners like me. There were lots of stay-at-home mums, plenty of girls living in military towns in service jobs, but no girls like me - strong, independent, educated, career focused, working in a professional role.

I was definitely counting my chickens before they hatched, but I wondered what would happen if Mr RG and I ended up together for good. Where would we live? What would I do? Would I have to give up my job and move away with him?

Some of these things I still don't know. But what I can tell you - is my life is still very much like it used to be before we got together. I'm just a Regular Girl, in love with my Regular Guy.

I'm not sure if there are other girls who google as obsessively as I do - but one day I think there might be someone in a similar situation, and if there is, I hope she can find my blog :)

This blog will hold the stories of our life together. Along with all my quirky every day stuff - photos, reviews, music, recipes, etc. I hope you'll find it entertaining, and as much fun as I'm having writing it.

Thanks for reading, take care :)

Regular Girl xx

1 comment:

  1. Hey Regular Girl :) Lovely to see you blogging. Can't wait to read more of your adventures. I love that Regular Guy patch too! xx

    ReplyDelete