Sunday 22 January 2012

Where is Mr RG right now?


When we first started dating, Mr RG had a very exciting job. He found great amusement in my horrified face when he first told me he was not just a Regular Guy, but also a paratrooper. And that he had an unfortunate accident with his chute not opening, that lead to a shoulder reconstruction. I was suitably impressed and texted my BFF to tell her that I was seeing a Real Live Hero.

Thankfully (from my perspective at least!) paratrooping is not really a long term career option. Paticularly when we're... ahem.... moving into our late twenties and do not bounce back from injuries as we once did.

So... Mr RG is retraining. This is the new patch he wears on his pack. Enough said.


Mr RG has been sent to Canungra in Queensland, for four months. This suits him quite well as he grew up on the Gold Coast and will be able to visit with his Dad and some of his friends while he is there. He left this morning and we just had our first skype date to catch up. I miss him already but I am looking forward to having the ENTIRE bed to myself and being able to watch Quality Television like 90210 without being mocked.

I am heading up to visit him on Thursday, so I googled (naturally) to see what there was to do in Canungra. There is a winery! But alas not much else. Good thing we are staying in Broadbeach instead ;)

Regular Girl xx

No comments:

Post a Comment